Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Buy Nothing Christmas

While not exactly pro-retailer, I thought it would be interesting to bring up this movement based out of the US. By now I'm sure you've all heard about "Buy Nothing Christmas" as it's been advertised on several broadcast stations and online news sites (specifically MSN/Sympatico today!). It particularly caught my attention as Sean and myself will indeed be spending a "Buy Nothing Christmas" this year! Though not necessarily motivated by a political excuse, it will nonetheless be a frugal and "recycled/only what you need" kind of season. Actually, I'm pretty excited about the whole thing! In fact, from this point forward I will post our "Christmas budget" solutions on the blog to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas...coming soon!

Otherwise, check out the "Buy Nothing Christmas" website: http://www.buynothingchristmas.org/

No comments: